Muskoka Roastery coffee preferences?

Discuss all your FAVORITES here: Videos, pictures, playlists, adventures, places they've traveled to, etc.
ahung
Dedicated Fan

Muskoka Roastery coffee preferences?

Post by ahung » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:26 pm

For those that have ordered Muskoka Roastery, what are your preferences? And any preferred ways of making the coffee?
  • I really like the wood-roasted espresso (whole bean) as I got a new coffee grinder just so I can grind fresh beans. Have to stick to a moka pot though as espresso machines are too big and expensive for me.
  • I've tried Black Bear and also have Muskoka Maple.
  • I know that Theresa likes Howling Wolf and Loon Call.
  • I want to try their new compostable pods to see if the flavor is same/different.
  • Kristen and Steph like wood-roasted espresso (whole bean), Howling Wolf, and Lumberjack.

kristeph
Site Admin

Re: Muskoka Roastery coffee preferences?

Post by kristeph » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Can't believe how much we (fans) support them. : wink :

Leafgal
Dedicated Fan

Post by Leafgal » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 pm

I have been buying this coffee for few years now. Love it. I have tried several blends. My fave used to be Black Bear & Loon Call, but now after trying several others, I rarely buy those now. In order of preference, Wood-roasted espresso, Howling wolf, Lumber jack, Black bear, Loon Call, Northern lights & Muskoka Maple. BB & NL's are light roasts for those who prefer that. I purchase all in whole bean as I prefer to grind it prior to brewing it, just tastes fresher.

Angie, have you ever tried brewing the Wood-Roasted espresso in a coffee percolator/keurig machine? Tastes great this way as well. I have made it using a stove top, percolator and espresso machine. Like you, I don't own one (tried at my parent's house), it's too expensive and don't have the space for it.

I wanted to try the compostable pods, but it's not compatible with my Keurig machine.

ahung
Dedicated Fan

Post by ahung » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:27 pm

Leafgal wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 pm
I have been buying this coffee for few years now. Love it. I have tried several blends. My fave used to be Black Bear & Loon Call, but now after trying several others, I rarely buy those now. In order of preference, Wood-roasted espresso, Howling wolf, Lumber jack, Black bear, Loon Call, Northern lights & Muskoka Maple. BB & NL's are light roasts for those who prefer that. I purchase all in whole bean as I prefer to grind it prior to brewing it, just tastes fresher.

Angie, have you ever tried brewing the Wood-Roasted espresso in a coffee percolator/keurig machine? Tastes great this way as well. I have made it using a stove top, percolator and espresso machine. Like you, I don't own one (tried at my parent's house), it's too expensive and don't have the space for it.

I wanted to try the compostable pods, but it's not compatible with my Keurig machine.
Oooooh I never realized I could use Keurig machine for the wood-roasted espresso, will try that! And I didn't know that their pods aren't Keurig-compatible, thanks for the heads up!

Leafgal
Dedicated Fan

Post by Leafgal » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:16 am

Angie, you just need to get a reusable coffee filter to brew it. I believe some keurig machines are compatible with the compostable pods so just check the machine you have. I know mine isn't.

Leafgal
Dedicated Fan

Post by Leafgal » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:16 pm

I have been going back and forth with Lumberjack & Howling Wolf this week. LJ is now my 2nd fave.

ahung
Dedicated Fan

Post by ahung » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:22 am

Leafgal wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:16 am
Angie, you just need to get a reusable coffee filter to brew it. I believe some keurig machines are compatible with the compostable pods so just check the machine you have. I know mine isn't.
Yes, I do have a reusable coffee filter for my Keurig, will try it tomorrow, thanks!!

kristeph
Site Admin

Post by kristeph » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:10 am

Has anyone actually been to the Muskoka Roastery in Muskoka itself?

Leafgal
Dedicated Fan

Post by Leafgal » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Never been. I didn't realize the store is located right off Main St in Huntsville. When my parent's had a cottage in Muskoka (sold it last year), we would always head up to Huntsville.

snowballs
Dedicated Fan

Post by snowballs » Wed May 02, 2018 3:42 am

Do they ship outside Canada?

Leafgal
Dedicated Fan

Post by Leafgal » Thu May 03, 2018 11:36 pm

snowballs wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 3:42 am
Yes, they do. :)

snowballs
Dedicated Fan

Post by snowballs » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Leafgal wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:36 pm
snowballs wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 3:42 am
Yes, they do. :)
Thanks, I didn't know that, hope it isn't too expensive for shipping to where I live.

worldtraveler
Dedicated Fan

Post by worldtraveler » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:09 pm

Can we buy this coffee at general stores now? Or do we have to visit them in Huntsville and/or order online?

ahung
Dedicated Fan

Post by ahung » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:45 am

Thank goodness for this thread as it reminds me which ones to buy this time around. :) I got wood roasted espresso, Howling Wolf, Lumberjack, and Jamaican Me Crazy, all whole bean.

Leafgal
Dedicated Fan

Post by Leafgal » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:53 pm

ahung wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:45 am
Thank goodness for this thread as it reminds me which ones to buy this time around. :) I got wood roasted espresso, Howling Wolf, Lumberjack, and Jamaican Me Crazy, all whole bean.
I've never trued Jamaican Me Crazy. Let me know what you think of it.

ahung
Dedicated Fan

Post by ahung » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:38 pm

yayyy!!!! Got email from Canada Post that my package is waiting to be shipped, currently in HUNTSVILLE, and that expected delivery date is Monday July 23.